The other week in our Allen Hall meeting, we were lucky enough to host Bailey Koharick, the marketing manager for Palo Alto Software. As their social media manager, Bailey knows the ins and outs of the social media world and how to make a brand successful across all platforms. She gave us some insightful advice on social media marketing and PR and I’ve listed just some of her suggestions below. So check them out and use them in your next social media plan!
Be on your toes.
- Chose good times to post or tweet.
- Use cultural references.
- Be the three C’s (clear, concise and concrete).
Prove your worth.
- Measure. Your. Efforts.
- Use Twitter, Facebook and Twitter analytics and analytical tools.
Quality, not quantity.
- Don’t buy your followers.
- Interact with your followers and other brands.
- Make personal connections.
Keep learning and know the trends.
- Go to webinars, read newsletters and check out other brands.
- Be aware of brand highs and lows.
- Do some research.
Develop a personality and be human.
- Have a brainstorm session and create a persona for the brand.
- You’re not a robot, have a personable voice.
- Build relationships with followers.
- Be friendly.
Know the rules.
- Company values
- Be gracious.
- Give credit where credit is due.
- Use images.